A few finishes but alot of works in progress.
This is a baby quilt that I made for my cousin who just had a baby boy.
I made this for my niece to fit into a doll bed that my dad made her for Christmas. I didn't get to see the finished product before it was delivered to her on my parents fall visit to them.
Two of the Halloween quilts that I made but didn't get the binding done until Halloween was over :(
I have been wanting to make quilts for both my boys beds for a while now but it is so hard to find fabric that is not babyish. My youngest decided that he wanted a black, white and red quilt. So I went to a few quilt shops and picked a variety of fabric. Below is what I came up with.
I did a disappearing nine-patch pattern that went together so quickly. With the leftovers I made a pillow sham.
My paper pieced stars are complete! These were really fun to do once I figured out how to paper piece. This top is basted and is waiting to be quilted.
I have wanted to make this Basic Grey pattern - Sweet Starlet Quilt for awhile. I had such a hard time with this pattern. I cannot even tell you how many seams I ripped out and the quilt still doesn't lay flat :( I got to this point and decided to call it quits. It is a great size to use as a table topper. It is basted and ready to be quilted. I actually tried to quilt this twice and ripped out the stitches because I didn't like the look of the quilt designs. I am in no hurry to go back and try to finish it.
These are the corners from the Starlet quilt that I did not use. I am trying to decide what to do with them. I hate to waste the fabric.
My first attempt at hand quilting! I have 3 blocks done so far.
And finally my king Swoon is quilted!!!! It is now sitting in a basket waiting for the binding to be sewn on. My goal was to have it done by the end of the year but that is not looking very good.
Close-ups of the border quilting. I did flowers with loops in blue thread.
In the middle of the stars I did pebble quilting, with meandering around it. The sashing has a wavy line with a swirl in the small squares.
As I was in the process of quilting this, my cat found a spot to sleep everyday.
My oldest son picked this puzzle fabric Riley Blake's Pieces of Hope for his bed quilt.
The pattern I choose was from Camille Roskelly's Simplify book. (Sorry I am too lazy to run to the studio to look up the pattern name :p ) My parents took the boys on a road trip this weekend so I had alot of sewing time and got almost the whole top done. I have the final border to do yet. I did have to modify the pattern so it was large enough for a twin bed.
I splurged a few weeks ago and bought Sweetwaters Mama Said Sew line. I am still trying to decide on what pattern to use. I was debating about this brick quilt featured on Moda Bakeshop http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/05/easy-strawberry-fields-bricks-quilt.html
That is all for now. Thanks for checking in!