Saturday, February 5, 2011

Central Park Fabric - Love it!!!!!


My local quilt shop was having a sale this weekend so I treated myself to some yardage of Central Park by Kate Spain. I think she is one of my favorite designers. This fabric looks so beautiful on-line I was so excited to see it in person. The colors are wonderful, the flowers wonderful. I was disappointed that the shop didn't carry any of the animals fabric. I wanted some of that since my mom loves giraffes and it's hard to find giraffe fabric. I am planning on making this quilt http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/01/geese-in-park.html. I am debating about making this a king size for my bed. I have had Verna sitting on my shelf for the last few months to make the Pinwheel Sampler from PSIQuilt for my bed. Now I have to make a decision on what color I want my bedroom to be.


I have been working on this star quilt from Connecting Threads for the past few weeks. I spent today doing the sashings and borders and now the top is done. Tomorrow I need to get batting and will hopefully start quilting it tomorrow night.
I am using the leftover half square triangles from the flying geese to make this mini quilt. I have seen these all over the blogs and have been wanting to do one. Now to just sew it together.

No comments: