Thursday, March 24, 2011

One Christmas Stocking Done - Maybe

 So in December I made a quilt using 12 Days of Christmas and loved it so much I decided to make stockings and a tree skirt with the fabric. Last night I finished the first stocking. I used a tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew to figure out the lining and the cuff. For some reason it took me about 10 minutes to understand how to attach the cuff. (I am blaming this on the medicine I am on for my sinus infection).

Anyways the stocking is all put together but I think I am going to rip it apart. For the backing a just used a piece of fabric and I think I should have done a quilted backing. The fabric by itself seems so flimsy.

I am going to make the next stocking with the quilted backing and then decide what I should do about this one.

My youngest has claimed this one for himself. The oldest wants half square triangles, so I started cutting those last night.

I have yet to make a decision on the Central Park and Pinwheel quilts. I have started picking out paint samples for the bedroom though. Not sure what look I am going for. Shopping the weekend so hopefully I will make a decision then.

No comments: