I started this quilt back in January and was unsure how to quilt it, so it sat in my sewing room until mid-May. I finally decided just to do stipple quilting (I am still learning how to do this, so it is not perfect. Plus this is the largest quilt I have tried to machine quilt on my little Kenmore). Then I couldn't decide on the binding. I didn't have enough of the blue fabric that I had originally wanted to use. So my choices were a stripe or large blue flowered print.
I sewed the stripe on the whole quilt and was a little nervous about how bright the colors were. So I pinned down the sides to get the bound effect. Then I pinned the blue fabric on to get the effect of that one. I decided to go ahead and finished it with the stripe. I thought I would do something outside of my comfort area, plus I didn't want to rip off all of the binding I had already sewn on!
I am glad I stuck with the stripes. Love the finished result! Here it is swinging in the backyard at the end of a long day.
On the back I put 3 extra pinwheels and then ironed out some leftover prairie points and did a stripe across the bottom. This is a very easy and fun pattern to do. I had never tried the pinwheels or prairie points. LOVE IT.