Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What a busy week!

I was home for a few days with my boys last week. I got the binding on the adorable quilt done while watching them swim. It is for niece who is due in August. My mom and sister are positive that she is coming early so I wanted to get it done fast.

Went to visit my brother in northern Iowa. Stopped at the local quilt store and got this fun fabric "Just Dreamy' by Riley Blake. None of my local quilt stores carry this line, so I splurged! I'm thinking another pinwheel quilt but with variations from my last one.

I am also working on this quilt. Notice the different colors of solid blue!! I bought one yard from the local quilt store and needed more so bought another from the quilt store over the weekend and they don't match!! So now I have to make it look like it was intentional. I ripped apart 7 of the 4-square blocks last night and need to resew them with the darker blue fabric. I didn't think there would be that much color difference on bolts - A learning experience for me!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that's crazy. I never would have thought there would be such a dramatic difference between bolts! Thanks for sharing that info. I can't wait to see what you make with those gorgeous fabrics!

Staci said...

You know, I have had the same thing happen to me. I bought some pale yellow Kona cotton from two bolts and one is much darker.

Hey--it does look like a deliberate design choice! No one would know if you hadn't said something.

Love your Frolic quilt! So very nice!