Friday, July 2, 2010

UFOs or WIPs?

UFOs or WIPs?? What do you call your quilting projects? I used to say UFOs but it makes the project seem scary and uninviting. So I have changed to WIPs. Now I feel like I am a busy person working on multiple projects not just having these unknowns laying around my sewing room.  The red and white quilt is something I started almost 2 years ago. I have fabric for about 9 more blocks cut out and sitting in a box. I became very frustrated with the piecing of this quilt and hung it on my cork board hoping I would someday get the desire to finish it. So maybe this one can be called a UFO!?!


This quilt (made from Frolic by Moda) is my second quilt from this line. Love it! It is actually on my machine, almost finished. Will just have to do the binding. This is a baby present for a future niece!
The above is a small wall hanging I started with my scraps. It was going to be for a quilt challenge with the local quilt guild, but I have since changed my mind. Not sure what I will do with it now. It is only 12x20.

I also have my hexagons as WIPs and I started a third quilt from Frolic based off of a recipe from Moda Bakeshop 'Frolic'N Butterflies' http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/05/frolicn-butterflies-quilt.html#more

How many WIPs do you have?

2 comments:

MWalker said...

I'm new to the lingo...I get WIPs, but still unsure at what UFO stands for. ("unfinished...." something?)

I have 3...one semi-finished top, one in pieces, and 1 stack of newly purchased fabric.

Teresa said...

Megan
Thanks for checking back in. UFO is Unfinished Objects. I think once you start quilting you always have them sitting around. I started another quilt last night, not sure why, since I need to get my other projects done first!